Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Welterweight Poster
Welterweight Poster
Alan

Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals. Empty
PostSubject: Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals.   Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Fightzone.com has caught up with Jonny Steals, challenger at SCF 13 for the MW belt.

Fightzone.com: Jon thanks for coming in to do the interview. Now recently you had an exhibition match with HW champ Gallant, tell us about that.

Steals: HAHAHA, ya we had an exhibition match. Well it was more like a one sided ass beating. I got to firing off at the mouth again and found someone damn big enough to smack it shut for a while. I never meant any disrespect toward the champ, but I guess my...hype style finally pissed some people off. So I'd like to say now that I apologize to Gallant for crossing the line. Obviously he is the Champ for a reason and I didn't show the proper respect due him. While I cant guarantee my tactics will change how I hype a fight, I will be more careful in how I approach doing it. To all the SCF champs, I mean no disrespect to any of you, just trying to grow our brand is all. If I can get the fans excited or even mad, and they tune in to see me win or lose, that is giving the SCF money that in turn can be bigger pieces for the fighters.

Fightzone.com: *chuckles* Well obviously you are not as cocky and arrogant as you make yourself out to be. You seem actually like a nice guy and humble guy for the most part. Now at SCF 13 you are taking on the MW champ in Robert Holgate, what are your thoughts on Holgate and what is your game plan?

Steals: Well *chuckles* he is first and foremost the champion. He is where I want to be. He has beaten Gilberto Dos Santos twice now, so I know he has some great skills. I hope to come out and push the pace and try and break his spirit with my pace. I am pretty comfortable whereever this fight takes place, but I would like the KO, but a win is a win and I want that belt.

Fightzone.com: Any nervousness coming into this fight at all?

Steals: Um...no not at the moment,but as the day draws closer, I am sure that I will start to feel some nerves. If for no other reason than this is my shot, this is what I have worked and strived for. I have pulled out 3 in a row, not counting Gallant *laughs*, and here we go. I hope to put on a good show and if nothing else make sure he knows he was in a fight. I plan on leaving the Champ though.

Fightzone.com: Now you mentioned he has beaten Dos Santos twice, and Dos Santos is a guy you have been calling out since day one, if you win, what would it mean to you to face Gilberto as the champ?

Steals: Oh, it would be a great honor, you know? I know I came out guns blazing at the mouth and immediately had my sights set on Gilberto, but I see that he is a great guy. He is someone that I actually look up to. He has been where I want to be eventually. In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask Gilberto as well as Arnold to corner me in my fight with Holgate. Arnold being the stand up king of LW and Gilberto has great Jui Jitsu, so I cant think of a better corner for this fight than those two.

Fightzone.com: So you would like Gilberto to corner you with Arnold? That wouldn't be weird having a guy that you have called out since day one in your corner, knowing that if you win, he will probably face you next?

Steals: No, I don't think it would be weird. I think we can be friends, and when the time comes, we can fight. Business is business, we can still be friends before and after the fight. If I caused any damage to his reputation or caused ill feelings with Gilberto, I do apologize.

Fightzone.com: Very nice. Well Jon, thank you so much for your time and we look forward to SCF 13. Any last thoughts?

Steals: I want to thank all my training partners, Arnold Hemingway, good luck tomorrow champ, James Boltz, William Foster and Carl Frazier. Good luck tomorrow as well Carl. I will be in Carls corner for this fight. In fact you have him on next dont you? Holgate, get ready for a war! I'm coming and as I said, I'm bringing hell with me.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/alancrump
Gilberto Dos Santos
Lightweight Poster
Lightweight Poster

PostSubject: Re: Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals.   Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:26 pm

I'll be in your corner. I have only respect for Holgate but I'd like to fight someone else for the belt. I've fought him twice and I maybe can give you a couple of advices. Someone have to beat that guy!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Welterweight Poster
Welterweight Poster
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals.   Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Steals: I am humbled by your decision. Thank you for agreeing to do this.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/alancrump
Shinjin
Lightweight Poster
Lightweight Poster

PostSubject: Re: Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals.   Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 9:58 pm

Robert Holgate: I just want the best fight possible. Much respect.
Back to top Go down
http://z10.invisionfree.com/global_inc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals.   Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fightzone.com sits down with the Challenger Jonny Steals.
Page 1 of 1