Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conor Donovan Interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CurseD
Featherweight Poster
Featherweight Poster
CurseD

Conor Donovan Interview Empty
PostSubject: Conor Donovan Interview   Conor Donovan Interview I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Source: mmaweekly.com

We sat down with a brand new fighter to Supreme Cage Fighting in Conor Donovan. In the interview he talks about his transition from wrestler to MMA and his future in the business.

mmaweekly.com: Conor, thanks for sitting down with us today.

Conor Donovan:
I had nothing better to do, just anxious to begin my career.

mmaweekly.com: As most of us know, you came from the very popular Global Wrestling Inc. where you had a disappointing run to say the least. Did that have anything to do with your decision to come to SCF?

Conor Donovan:
It's funny you ask that. It's true... I left GWi with no wins and four losses and I still can't help but to think... what might have been. Sure, it had partially to do with my reasoning to switch to MMA, but I'm a fighter... it's what I have always done. I was born to be in this sport, not a wrestler... it just took some time... and maybe a few losses to realize that.

mmaweekly.com: You will be making your debut against Alex Payne at SCF 12: Total Annihilation, how have you prepared yourself.

Conor Donovan:
Well, I think some may be shocked to know... but I have been training very hard in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I'm known primarily for my stand up, but I'm looking to broaden my game as I want to be comfortable while standing, while in the clinch, and while on the ground. I want to be the guy that can do it all. Whether that is possible or not, we'll see... but I'm at least going to give it a try.

mmaweekly.com: Any predictions for your match?

Conor Donovan:
I'm not going to be your typical cocky fighter and say I'll knock his block out in the first few seconds. I'll do my talking in the cage. I know Payne is making his debut to and I wish him the best of luck, and hopefully we have a fight that will raise the eyes of some of the middleweights.

mmaweekly.com: Well Conor, I appreciate the time. And good luck in your match and with your career in MMA.

Conor Donovan:
Thank you and I look forward to finding my niche here.

mmaweekly.com: We have a feeling you just may.
Back to top Go down

Conor Donovan Interview
Page 1 of 1