Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gilberto Dos Santos interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gilberto Dos Santos
Lightweight Poster
Lightweight Poster

Gilberto Dos Santos interview Empty
PostSubject: Gilberto Dos Santos interview   Gilberto Dos Santos interview I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Gilberto Dos Santos interview 362

Gilberto poses with his sponsor wear

RioMMA: We are again with former SFC middleweight champion Gilberto Dos Santos. Hi, Gilberto. How are you doing?
Gilberto Dos Santos: Fine, thanks.

RioMMA: You have lost your second fight in SFC and it was agains Holgate again. How was that?
GDS: Roberto Holgate is a true champion. He was the underdog in spite of he was the champion. The people knows about my skills and my will and the first fight was to a cuestionable decision. I tried to surprised him with a few new tricks but he is a smart fighter. I think he was the better that nigth.

RioMMA: It seemed that you were controlling the fight in the first round but then your performance drop a lot. What happened to you?
GDS: Have you ever been hit with a baseball bat in the ribs? Holgate hits hard. I train a lot of cardio but I gassed out a bit and I was hurt. That guy didn't let me submit him in the first round (laughs).

RioMMA: Where does that lose put you now?
GDS: I think I'm still the second MW fighter in SFC rankings. Whoever who want a title shoot have to beat me. If I continue winning I'll eventually have another title shot.

RioMMA: Dan Gallant was unable to be in your corner that time. What happened?
GDS: I don't know. He was with me and my team in the backstage. We were talking about how to face Holgate. Then we were asked by the organization to go to the cage. The music was on and when I enter the cage I dind't see him. He told me afterwards that the organization dind't let him to go to my corner because the mazimun personel was reached. I miss his advices.

RioMMA: You have had a recent fight against James Washington Jr. What were your feelings before the fight? Were you afraid of losing the second in a row?
GDS: Losing is part of a fighter life. It hurts but the world doesn't end if you lose. But I never enter the cage thinking that I may lose. I enter the cage and do my best. If I lose... Well, shit happens.

RioMMA: You knew James Washington before the fight, didn't you?
GDS: Yes. I know him from old Glory FC. I've fight there before his breakdown back in 2002. I've talked to him a few times. He's a humble guy.

RioMMA: He didn't look afraid to go to the ground after you.
GDS: That was a nice surprise. I knew that James trained a lot of ground but it seems that everybody wants to challenge me in my field. Well, I welcome everybody who wants to play with me in the ground (smiles).

RioMMA: Here is the unavoidable question about Jonny Steels. He is calling you again.
GDS: Yes. I'm getting tired of hearing of him calling me. I know that there is a commercial strategy after that. He wants to be know in the MMA world and is calling me since he came to SFC. I think the time we meet in the cage is near.

RioMMA: Are you go with hate if you fight him?
GDS: I no hate him. I didn't even talked to him yet. Maybe is a nice guy, who knows? There is a lot of fighters around here that like to act unclass or talk trash but they are normal people when you talk to them out of the microphones. If I fight him I will enter like in every fight. I'll want to win and do it quickly as possible. I'll not choke him more than it's necessary or break him an arm. I swear.

RioMMA: You were training with Brazil Olympic Boxing Team lately. Are you planning to add new moves to your arsenal?
GDS: One-dimensional fighters age was past. Nowadays fighters have to know a few combat systems if they want to achieve something. I cannot relay only in my BJJ skills because some fighters just doesn't want to be taken down. Maybe a few hard punches can convince them.

RioMMA: Thanks for your time, Gilberto.
GDS: Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Gilberto Dos Santos interview
Page 1 of 1