Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fred Asahina interview

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gilberto Dos Santos
Lightweight Poster
Lightweight Poster

Fred Asahina interview Empty
PostSubject: Fred Asahina interview   Fred Asahina interview I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:57 pm

Fred Asahina interview 15392-20084240020.DenisKang

A fact that you can realize when you're into the MMA world is that there are a few countries that build the best fighters. You can count them with the fingers of one hand: USA, Brazil, Japan... Fred Asahina is a mix of those three countries, three of the biggest powers in MMA. He born in USA but his mother is japanese and he has lived until he was twelve in Brazil. With a father in the army he has travelled a lot.
Fred Asahina, being an unknown fighter until a while ago, has showed his tremendous fighting skills and KO power of his hands in his first two fights. We are in Los Angeles, where he lives and train for knowing a little bit more about him.

Sherdog: You've recently joined SFC. Are these your first professional fights?
Fred: Yes. I was amateur until I signed for them.

Sherdog: How do you signed? Did they send scouts to your amateur fights?
Fred: Yes. They watched me in a couple of fights and approached me with an offer. One fight in HFC to show my skills. If I made a good debut they would allow me to join the SFC FW Grand Prix.

Sherdog: How do you feel about participating in the Grand Prix?
Fred: It's awesome. Until a while ago I didn't think in fighting in professional MMA.

Sherdog: You have won your first two fights in MMA. Your future seems brighter after each fight. Were you expecting this?
Fred: I don't know. I was pretty dominant in the amateur circuit but we're with the big fishes now. I was nervous in my first fight but I enter the cage and then I worked like usual. I cannot describe with words the feelings after knocking out Sophie.

Sherdog: You have fought against women. Do you think they have a handicap fighting against men?
Fred: No. In my weight class I think there is no handicap for them. They are as strong, fast and dangerous as any man could be. MMA is sometimes a sexist world but if any stupid keyboard warrior says that women are easy to fight in an internet forum... well I can arrange a fight with a girl friend of my gym. Maybe they change their mind when they awake in the hospital.

Sherdog: Your style is Savate. How does it fit in modern MMA?
Fred: I'm a savate instructor at my gym so I my style is mainly savate. But I've trained brazilian jiu jitsu and muay thai too. And I was a wrestler in my college years. I think I'm well rounded and my style is effective.

Sherdog: What's next for you?
Fred: I'm beginning so everything is next for me. I would like a fight against DeScott or Shinjin. I think they are the favourites in the Grand Prix. If I have a good performance in the Grand Prix I may gain a few pounds and enter the LW division. I'd be honoured to fight Hemingway some day.
Back to top Go down

Fred Asahina interview
Page 1 of 1