Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arnold Hemingway speaks on SCF 13 results

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kidd
Featherweight Poster
Featherweight Poster
Kidd

Arnold Hemingway speaks on SCF 13 results Empty
PostSubject: Arnold Hemingway speaks on SCF 13 results   Arnold Hemingway speaks on SCF 13 results I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:12 pm

MMAWizard.com met up with Arnold Hemingway just seconds after the celebration in the cage when Jonny Steels won the Middleweight Title.

MMAWizard.com: Hey there Arnold, just a few seconds of your time please

Arnold Hemingway: Sure man whats up?

Arnold pats Jonny Steels on the shoulder showing him that SCF wants to conduct an interview with him as MMAWizard speaks

MMAWizard.com: Thanks. First off, Steels vs Holgate, you have to be happy with the way things turned out tonight.

Arnold Chuckled

Arnold Hemingway: Happy doesn't describe the moment when Holgate dropped and the ref pulled Steels off of him, just huge adrenaline rush, it was an amazing performance all around for Jonny, one of his best. The training camp for that fight was one of the best we've had thus far with myself, Steels, GDS learning from each other and I think it showed tonight. the only down side was Boltz losing because I know for a fact that he can beat Syn. He could be champion, but he goes into these fights with the wrong gameplan. But Steels winning tonight brought the morale in the gym back up

MMAWizard.com: The fact that he was a huge underdog should make it that much sweeter

Arnold Hemingway: It did, I think the only people that voted for Steels to win was our camp, myself, GDS, and Steels mom. Nobody thought Steels had a chance, but they haven't seen this man in the gym, Steels had a rough start but people evolve over time, and Steels has evolved alot since his loss to whats his face. Plus he had Gilberto giving him advice on the ground, me giving him advice standing up, Steels was just a monster tonight.

MMAWizard.com: Were you surprised at how many strikes he was landing against Holgate?

Arnold Hemingway: Of course not, he had me in his corner! No but seriously in my opinion the fight was back and forth, Steels would drop Holgate, then Holgate would get up and drop Steels so it was what I expected pretty much, 5 rounds of action. Holgate is tough, I just think he's one of those guys who needs to be the underdog to win. He strives off of the extra pressure to push him harder in the gym.

MMAWizard.com: Another fighter who won on the same card and most likely the next Middleweight Title Contender, Gilberto Dos Santos, how do you think that fight will go?

Arnold Hemingway: Holy shit that fight sounds awesome, I can't tell you how that fight would go...did you see his striking against Magnum? What Steels did tonight was great, but he better hit the gym as soon as we leave this arena to prepare for his fight with that guy. People thought the man's ground game was scary and now people have to worry about his striking.

MMAWizard.com: Last but not least Ping Wong. Completely destroyed his opponent tonight and has been calling you out for a while now, he wants your title.

Arnold Hemingway: And I want a blow job from Eliza Corvin, but you know we all can't always get what we want...we can dream about it though! I'm glad he wants a shot at me because I've been wanting to fight him again since the first time I beat him. I'll admit, what Wong did tonight was brutal. He has some pretty looking kicks but my punches are cut throat. I can't wait to fight him and prove that I'm without a spec of doubt the best Lightweight Fighter in the World, period.

MMAWizard.com: Alright Arnold, pleasure speaking with you and enjoy the rest of your night in Kansas City
Back to top Go down

Arnold Hemingway speaks on SCF 13 results
Page 1 of 1