Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arnold Hemingway Pre Fight Interview - SCF 9

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kidd
Featherweight Poster
Featherweight Poster
Kidd

Arnold Hemingway Pre Fight Interview - SCF 9 Empty
PostSubject: Arnold Hemingway Pre Fight Interview - SCF 9   Arnold Hemingway Pre Fight Interview - SCF 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Sherdog.com: Alright Sherdog.com here with Arnold Hemingway, big title fight tomorrow between Arnold Hemingway and current champion Sasha Marquez, lots of bad blood going into this one, how are you feeling Arnold?

Arnold Hemingway: I'm feeling great man, training for this fight has been easy.

Sherdog.com: Worried at all?

Arnold Hemingway: Why would I be worried?

Sherdog.com: Well, it's not like Sasha is coming into this bout with a 2-7 record, she's currently undefeated as well as the only person to actually stop Ping Wong who by the way looked deadly in his last bout with Peter DeScott.

Arnold Hemingway: She got lucky against Wong, I see him destroying her if they ever rematch. And Saturday will be a celebration. It'll be the day that the belt is placed into my hands as I become the first person to derail Sasha Marquez and take the title from her at the same time. It will be like Christmas to me. Who get's worried on Christmas?

Sherdog.com: I'm usually worried that the person I'm giving a gift to wont like my gift.

Arnold Hemingway: I know Sasha won't like the gift she'll be receiving from me, but I'm sure the fans will love the gift we give them come SCF 9 so like I said, no worries.

Sherdog.com: What have you been doing differently in preparation for Sasha?

Arnold Hemingway: Well I don't want to get too into detail about what we're doing for this fight because I know Sasha is watching. It's alright, I know she can't help watching me. I'd watch me too if I were her. But I've prepared for Sasha's style of fighting, We know what she's going to do and she can't change it because if she tries to stand up with me she's getting knocked out. So Expect a variation of strikes from different angles. I'm not afraid of her takedowns so expect some of leg kicks as well.

Sherdog.com: We have a clip from an interview that the Current Lightweight Champion put out just a few days ago and it reads: "I'm going to slam him on the ground, slap him around a bit, and then I'm going to break his effing arm, leg, and neck. This belt isn't going anywhere." What do you have to say about that one Arnold?

Arnold was laughing as the quote was being read

Arnold Hemingway: That's cute, she actually sees herself taking me down at some point. The only time this fight is going to the ground is either A when I knock her down, or B when she fails a takedown and tries to pull guard...you know what man, I actually am worried!

Sherdog.com: laughs oh so now you're you?

Arnold Hemingway: Yes, I'm worried that after this fight I may be arrested because someone saw the fight and called the cops mistaking our fight for a rape case due to me dominating and her crying out for the ref to stop the fight. She can't win. She can not defeat me. There is no way I'm losing tomorrow night, no way. And there is no way this fight is going to a decision. You might as well ask me what my plans are after becoming the Lightweight Champion. Go on, ask me.......................go on, you know you want to

Sherdog.com: smirks Alright, what do you plan on doing after your fight with Sasha Marquez?

Arnold Hemingway: After I win the title yes I plan on hopefully opening up a gym. I have a couple of fighters that I'm scouting at the moment, guys who I think will go far in this business.

Sherdog.com: Do you have any fighters in mind?

Arnold Hemingway: I have about two guys that I'm scouting right now, one I know for sure that I want on the team is Jonny Steels.

Sherdog.com: Jonny Steels?

Arnold Hemingway: Yeah I know, wasn't expecting me to say him were you? Just because he lost to whats his face, that was octagon jitters. I had octagon jitters when I fought Ping Wong, you see how well I did after that. Plus he's got balls man, who else calls out GDS? Nobody calls out GDS, I don't even think Holgate wanted to fight GDS. Santos is the top dog in that division right now and Jonny doesn't fear him at all. I respect things like that.

Sherdog.com: I see. It sounds kind of like....do you feel that you're over looking Sasha Marquez at all? I mean you talk of how dominant you'll be and about future things that you're going to do after you win the belt and--

Arnold Hemingway: Absolutely not. Looking over Sasha would be stupid. I might look down at her, but not over. I'm just confident in my abilities. I know what her strengths and weaknesses are. She knows my strengths but I've shown no weaknesses thus far. One would think it's my ground game, but nobody has been able to take me down yet. I may have lost my footing from strikes but I've never been taken down. And when on the ground I've gotten back up.

Sherdog.com: Well Arnold, good luck tomorrow, the fight is going to be awesome, I can't wait and I'm sure the fans can't wait either

Arnold Hemingway: No luck needed, but thanks anyway. Sponsors, watch my next fight!
Back to top Go down

Arnold Hemingway Pre Fight Interview - SCF 9
Page 1 of 1