Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arnold Hemingway Post Fight Interview - SCF 12

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kidd
Featherweight Poster
Featherweight Poster
Kidd

Arnold Hemingway Post Fight Interview - SCF 12 Empty
PostSubject: Arnold Hemingway Post Fight Interview - SCF 12   Arnold Hemingway Post Fight Interview - SCF 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 am

MMAssassinz.com: MMAssassinz.com here with the Lightweight Champ fresh off of his first title defense against the ever tough Sasha Marquez, how does it feel?

Arnold Hemingway: Honestly, I thought I could've finished the fight alot faster, but Sasha is a warrior. I
hit her with some big shots at the beginning of the round but she just wouldn't
stay down.

MMAssassinz.com: Were you surprised that she kept coming back? After each big shot or knock down?

Arnold Hemingway: I should've expected it
but it did surprise me a bit, it even had me questioning my striking power after a while because I was catching her with shots that would put some people in comas and she'd drop, get right back up and keep going. Even at the end of the 4th round when I had her out she just kept getting back up.

MMAssassinz.com: She definately is a tough one, she even took you down a couple of times Arnold

Arnold Hemingway: I knew she would, that's her bread and butter, plus I'm known for knocking guys out so common sense would say take the striker down. She was hell bent on being the first to take me down though man, she's a warrior, much respect.

MMAssassinz.com: We noticed at one point she had you on the ground and was going for back to back submissions from the mount, and was even connecting with some big strikes which we've never seen Sasha do before were you worried at all?

Arnold Hemingway: She caught me with those strikes because like you said, nobody expected it, I wasn't even guarding my face because I was defending her submission attempts and she caught me with some nice shots, but I wasn't worried because we knew what she wanted to do, she was trying to soften me up for the submission holds. We knew what she wanted to do, but it did cause for some concern when she got the mount he'd laugh she had me dripping beads of sweat for a bit but I train with some great guys man, Jonny Steels who has a Title fight coming up, Carl Frazier just tapped somebody out, these guys are slick on the ground, William Foster trains with us as well, James Boltz, tough tough guys so I can take a punch and defend submissions.

MMAssassinz.com: So what's next for the SCF Lightweight Champion? You've set the record straight so that there's no questioning you being the champion, what's next, who's next?

Arnold Hemingway: I'm going to take the rest of today off, but first thing tomorrow it's back to the gym you know helping Steels train for his upcoming title fight. Helping get Boltz on the map so he can bring that Heavyweight Title to the team as well. As for myself and who I want to fight, it doesnt matter to me, anyone looking to take a shot at my belt, prepare to take a shot to the face.

MMAssassinz.com: Alrighty, I definately will not be looking for a shot then, great fight champ, good speaking with you and congratulations on your first defense.

Arnold Hemingway: Thank you, and shout outs to my sponsors, Supreme Energy and Supreme Fight Gear
Back to top Go down

Arnold Hemingway Post Fight Interview - SCF 12
Page 1 of 1