Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arnold Hemingway Post-SCF 15 Interview with FightSport.net

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kidd
Featherweight Poster
Featherweight Poster
Kidd

Arnold Hemingway Post-SCF 15 Interview with FightSport.net Empty
PostSubject: Arnold Hemingway Post-SCF 15 Interview with FightSport.net   Arnold Hemingway Post-SCF 15 Interview with FightSport.net I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Arnold Hemingway Post-SCF 15 Interview with FightSport.net June152008

Arnold Hemingway Stops Ping Wong in the 3rd Round!

FightSport.net: Welcome back to Fightsport.net, we're here with the SCF Lightweight Champion Arnold Hemingway after another successful Title Defense at SCF 15 against Ping Wong, amazing fight you guys had the other night.

Arnold Hemingway: Yeah thanks. Credit to Ping Wong for bringing his A game in our fight, he hits hard as hell.

FightSport.net: We know that your intentions were to knock him out, but you had also mentioned a second strategy that you couldn't speak of, could you elaborate more on what the second strategy was?

Arnold Hemingway: I never planned to actually knock him out, didn't think I could. What I wanted to do is probably drop him from a punch, go to the ground and tap him out as we noticed that his submission defense isn't all that great, but the strategy of submit him changed after I felt those kicks in the first round.

FightSport.net: Hemingway via submission? Yeah, doesn't roll well off the tongue.

Arnold Hemingway: Haha, I've been training man, you can't be this high up in the game and not be prepared to take the fight wherever you know what I mean? My submission game isn't too great right now but I know enough to defend, and I felt Wong would be no threat if I got him to the ground. His stand up is so good that his ground game had to be awful. Plus training with guys like Santos and Frazier you can't help but learn a couple things even though I wasn't the focus of the camp when we got together.

FightSport.net: Were you worried at all when Wong kept landing those kicks and when did you decide enough was enough because at one point you just turned it on and started teeing off.

Arnold Hemingway: Like I said my original strategy was to take him down with a punch, I wasn't focused on knocking him out, but those kicks man, everyone single one even the ones that I blocked hurt like hell, I caught him with something at the end of round two that hut him bad, he couldn't recover from it. I'm not sure if it was a punch or a flurry but it had him stumbling a bit, I tried to finish him in round 2 but the bell rang. In round 3 I think he was still hurt because he'd throw a kick and lose his footing, throw a kick lose his footing so I waited for him to throw another kick and countered with the straight that ended the fight.

FightSport.net: It was a flurry that hurt him, it looked like a desperation flurry because he had just dropped you with another kick, you got up and just teed off on him

Arnold Hemingway: Hahaha, yeah I was close to done man, those fuckin kicks man credit again to Wong for kicking the shit out of me. But yeah I saw he was breathing hard when I got up so I tried to focus more on the body, threw a hard knee and got the fuck out of dodge when he threw a kick, then I just swung like a mad man and caught him with some shots that hurt him, started peppering him with jabs and he fell.

FightSport.net: And the rest is history

Arnold Hemingway: And STILL, your SCF Lightweight Champion of the WOOOOOORLD! WOO!

FightSport.net: They'd laugh That's right, it makes us wonder though ith you holding multiple victories over two of the Lightweight Division's top fighters, what's next? Would you move up in weight to face other fighters?

Arnold Hemingway: Way too early for me to even think about movin up in weight, I only defended the title twice. There are a couple more fights for me at Lightweight, I've been watching the division and I've noticed some worthy contenders, guys who I could put on great fights with so I'm not done with this division yet.

FightSport.net: Like who?

Arnold Hemingway: I don't want to give anybody any hype or anything, I mention a name and suddenly they're my next fight, but if you've been watching the Lightweight Division then you know who's making their way up and who's not even close. Fuck it, I'm not even going to lie, my eyes are on that upcoming Chrissy Leenig and Max Steal fight those two man...

FightSport.net: Hahaha..

Arnold Hemingway: Me fighting either of those two would be great fights.

FightSport.net: How do you feel that fight will end?

Arnold Hemingway: I don't even know, but you can bet that I'll be watching it closely.

FightSport.net: Alright well again, amazing fight you had and congrats. We look forward to interviewing you again soon.

Arnold Hemingway: Thanks Man, thanks to my sponsors Supreme Energy Drink and Supreme Fight Gear for hooking me up with my shorts and shit and thanks to my fans, I told you the fight would be crazy didn't I?!
Back to top Go down

Arnold Hemingway Post-SCF 15 Interview with FightSport.net
Page 1 of 1