Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SCF Presents: EPIC!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maria C.
Admin
Admin

SCF Presents: EPIC! Empty
PostSubject: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:19 pm

Steve Lawson: Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to Supreme Cage Fighting! I'm your host Steve Lawson here with my partner Mike Calloway to announce the EPIC! Featherweight Grand Prix tournament bracket!

Mike Calloway: I remember when this Tornament was first announced Steve, Sasha Marquez was basically garunteed a huge pay out and the Featherweight Title, but since then fighters have dropped down from Lightweight to Featherweight, from Welterweight to Featherweight, others have come in and established themselves as knockout artists and Sasha has been inactive since her win over Terrance.

Steve Lawson: Very true, one has to wonder if Sasha Marquez is still the favorite to win this tournament

Mike Calloway: It's hard to say, Peter DeScott is in the tournament, Victor Gillean is in the tournament, Fred Asahina is a new addition, but he has been running through his opponents since he joined the SCF, there are alot of favorites, but the thing I love about the tournament style is that every fighter has the potential to win it all.

Steve Lawson: When you say this, the first thing I think of is the Lightweight Tournament back in StarrcadiaCF.

Mike Calloway: Exactly. Sasha Marquez was also the one most believed would win it all then. Chrissy Leenig was 0-3 and within that tournament made a complete turn around not on just the tournament, but her career by not just defeating, but stopping 3 of the Lightweight Division's top stars to become the last StarrcadiaCF Lightweight Champion. So yeah just because you arent the favorite, does not mean you won't win by any means.

Steve Lawson: Here are the fighters you will see facing off against each other in the tournament:
---
Back to top Go down
https://supremecf.forumotion.com
Maria C.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 6:51 pm

Ana Garcia
Bobby Mercer
Chinh Akoi
Felippe Flores
Felix Fisher
Fred Asahina
Heywood Jablomey
Mark Evans
Misty Magnum
Peter DeScott
Sanae Kondo
Sasha Marquez
Sergio Machado
Soled Tossuer
Sophie Wright
Victor Gillean
Back to top Go down
Maria C.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:22 pm

Mike Calloway: That's a nice sized tournament my friend, and the majority of the fighters are fighters who always put on the best of performances. Don't believe me, go back to SCF 21 and watch the two Featherweight fights on that card, nothing but non-stop action from these guys.

Steve Lawson: And nobody wants to lose in the first round of such an anticipated tournament, so you can be sure that they'll all be bringing their A game come the Grand Prix.

Mike Calloway: For sure.

Steve Lawson: Before we continue, I'm sure there are some of you out there who do not fully understand the rules of the Featherweight Grand Prix, so this portion of the show is dedicated to you:

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfefwgplogo2
!EPIC! Featherweight Grand Prix!

• 1x10 Minute Round, 2x5 Minute Round.
    (Final Round)1x10 Minute Round, 3x5 Minute Rounds.
    Elbows, stomps, knees on the ground and soccer kicks allowed.
    Judges will judge based on the fight as a whole.

The Layout:
    During the first round of the Grand Prix there will be a total of 8 Featherweight Match Ups with each fighter being placed against the other at random. The winners of the first round will ofcourse move on to the second round which will take place the following SCF 22. However, that week will not only be the Second Round(6pm EST), but the Semi Finals(8pm EST) as well as the Final Round(10pm EST) all in one show seperated by 2 hours each to give the fighters room for comments and or interviews. The winners of the Semi Final Match ups will face off against each other for not only the Featherweight GP Championship, but the SCF Featherweight Title as well while the losers of the Semi-Final Match ups will face off against each other for a shot at the newly crowned champion later on down the line.

EPIC! Payout:
    Grand Prix Entry: $5,000.00

First Round Win: $5,000.00
    First Round Loss: $3,000.00

Second Round Win: $15,000.00
    Second Round Loss: $10,000.00

Semi-Final Win: $20,000.00
    Semi-Final Loss: $15,000.00; Number One Contendership Match

Championship Win: $25,000.00; FW GP Trophy; Featherweight Championship Belt
    Championship Loss: $20,000.00; Runner Up Trophy

Knockout of the Night - $1,000.00
    Submission of the Night - $1,000.00
    Interviews (2 per Fight) - $1,000.00
    Pre Fight Comments - $500.00
    Post Fight Comments - $500.00

Mike Calloway: I am ampted for this tournament Steve, I can't wait until these guys get into the ring and

Steve Lawson: Ladies and Gentlemen stay tuned as we're mere moments away from announcing the first fight of the FWGP, but first, a message from our sponsors..
Back to top Go down
Maria C.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Steve Lawson: Welcome back! If you're just joining us, then you're just in time to see who is selected first out of the fighters listed above. This fighter along with the second selection will be the fighters kicking off the EPIC! Featherweight Grand Prix card. Also, every choice is selected at random folks, so when we find out who's fighting who, so will you!

Mike Calloway: Alright, here we go, let's find out who the first tournament pick belongs to....

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scffwgp1randomizer

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfagarcia
Ana Garcia

Steve Lawson: Ana Garcia ladies and gentlemen!

Mike Calloway: Ana Garcia is coming off of a win over Misty Magnum so she is coming into the Grand Prix with a bit of momentum.

Steve Lawson: Will it be enough to get her to the finals is the question.

Mike Calloway: I've seen crazier things happen before man, anything can happen in the SCF. Let's find out who her opponent will be though..

Steve Lawson: It could be anyone out of the remaining fighters from Heywood to Sasha...

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfstossuer
Soled Tossuer

Mike Calloway: So the first fight of the night will be Ana Garcia vs Soled Tossuer!

Steve Lawson: Interesting match up there Mike as Soled is still somewhat unknown here in the SCF

Mike Calloway: I'm pretty sure someone on the roster knows a Soled Tosseur, but if Ana doesn't know a Soled Tosseur, she'll be introduced to one very soon!

Steve Lawson: Folks don't go anywhere, for when we return, the second fight of the evening will be announced, right here, SCF Presents: EPIC!
Back to top Go down
Maria C.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Steve Lawson: Welcome to SCF Presents: EPIC! Steve Lawson here with my partner Mike Calloway and if you're just joining us, the first fight on the Featherweight Grand Prix has already been chosen.

Mike Calloway: Ana Garcia vs Soled Tosseur with Tosseur debuting and Ana coming off of a win, should pose for a great opening fight

Steve Lawson: And now, it is time to select the 3rd fighter, who'll fight following the opening bout between Garcia and Tosseur...

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scffasahina
Fred Asahina

Steve Lawson: Fred Asahina is our 3rd random pick!

Mike Calloway: Asahina is one of the favorites to win the tournament, coming off of a recent victory over Felix Fisher, a very explosive fighter and I can't wait to see who is opponent is..

Steve Lawson: Well wait no longer, as the second choice is being selected right now...

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfmevans
Mark Evans

Steve Lawson: Annnnd Mark Evans! Will be facing Fred Asahina!

Mike Calloway: Evans was one of the very first fighters who signed up for the tournament, but he hasn't fought since he signed up so we know very little about him, but we do know about Fred Asahina. And knowing how he fights, I'm sure we'll find out alot based on how well he performs against Asahina at the Grand Prix.

Steve Lawson: Third fight of the evening being selected....

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfsmarquez
Sasha Marquez

Steve Lawson: Former Lightweight Champion Sasha Marquez returns to the ring as our 5th random pick!

Mike Calloway: Whoever her opponent is better have some slick ground skills or solid takedown defense...

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfbmercer
Bobby Mercer

Steve Lawson: Bobby Mercer of Steel Bull Fight Squad!

Mike Calloway: How about that for a welcome to the Featherweight Division. The guys at Steel Bull fight Squad have been talking very confident about Bobby saying he'll win it all, one hell of a test in his opening round to see if that prediction is true.

Steve Lawson: They were Mike, but if you look at Arnold Hemingway's interview Mike you'd see that this was actually the fight they DIDN'T want to happen, the actual quote being "You know Imma have to go with my boy Bobby Mercer, the kid is an animal. I just hope he doesnt get Sasha in the first round"

Mike Calloway: Odds were 1/16 and they still got the one

Steve Lawson: Folks stick around as we still have 5 more fights to announce after this commercial break..
Back to top Go down
Maria C.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Steve Lawson: And we are BACK! Ladies and gentlemen welcome back to SCF Presents: EPIC! as we're now joined by SCF Owner, Maria Cruz!

She'd smile and wave at the camera, then laugh

Steve Lawson: Maria, this Tornament has alot of heads from outside of the organization turning towards the SCF, and alot of fighters from all over the world stepping in to face off on SCF soil, how did this even take place, where did the thought even come from, and why the Featherweight Division?

Maria Cruz: I've always been a fan of the Tournament style and thought it was about time the SCF had a tournament to shake things up a bit. We could've ran it in one of our 3 established divisions, but we were currently in talks of expanding the divisions a bit to give the fighters better chances at success. So the idea was to introduce the New Divisions via tournaments, we just started with the Featherweight Division because I love the Featherweight Division. I had no idea the tournament would be this big though. So yeah, I'm happy with it's promotion thus far. smiles

Steve Lawson: Everytime I see you you're in a good mood, so I'm guessing you're happy with the first 3 match ups as well?

Maria Cruz: I'd be happy with any of the fights selected, all of these fighters are awesome and equally exciting to watch.

Steve Lawson: That they are, do you have any favorites that you're wanting to win the Tournament all together?

Maria Cruz: Well the obvious favorite is Sasha Marquez with her having the most experience out of all the fighters in the tournament, but the fighters are unpredictable, the fight game is unpredictable, and the tournaments are unpredicatable so literally anything can happen. But as for my favorite, I love this Division so I really don't have a personal favorite. I want to see them all do well.

Steve Lawson: Something tells me that they won't disappoint, as we get ready to select our 7th fighter to fight in the 4th fight of the evening...

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfpdescott
Peter DeScott

Steve Lawson: Peter DeScott!

Mike Calloway: DeScott also coming off of a victory in his last fight finishing his opponent late in the 3rd round,

Steve Lawson He was at one point a Welterweight, dropped down from that to Featherweight just to be apart of this tournament. We'll see if it was all worth it after announcing, his opponent....

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfffisher
Felix Fisher

Steve Lawson Ladies and Gentlemen, Peter Descott vs Felix Fisher!

Mike Calloway: Now this should be an explosive fight. I think DeScott is the only other person in this tournament with the experience advantage next to Marquez, while Felix Fisher comes into this fight as an explosive fighter with a great chin and even greater heart.
SCF Presents: EPIC! Scffwgpinc

Steve Lawson So the first half has been selected and the brackets look And we have time for one more match up selection before we have to take another commercial Break, Our 9th random pick to kick off our fith match up of the evening belongs to.......

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfhjablomey
Heywood Jablomey

Steve Lawson Heywood Jablomey!

Mike Calloway: I don't swing that way.

Steve Lawson What? Uh anyway, his opponent will be...

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfskondo
Sanae Kondo

Steve Lawson SCF Newcomer Sanae Kondo!

Mike Calloway: Sanae is also new to the SCF, so both fighters will be fighting for the first time in this tournament

Steve Lawson New or not, a single Tournament can make the most unknown fighter into a star over night. But folks please stick around, we'll be right back with more fight announcements as SCF Presents: EPIC!
Back to top Go down
Maria C.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:52 pm

Steve Lawson: Annnnd welcome back! To SCF Presents: EPIC! I'm your host, Steve Lawson here with my partner Mike Calloway and already 5 fights have been announced. Here are those who have been announced already:

SCF Presents: EPIC! ScfagarciaSCF Presents: EPIC! Scfstossuer
Ana Garcia vs Soled Tossuer

SCF Presents: EPIC! ScffasahinaSCF Presents: EPIC! Scfmevans
Fred Asahina vs Mark Evans

SCF Presents: EPIC! ScfsmarquezSCF Presents: EPIC! Scfbmercer
Sasha Marquez vs Bobby Mercer

SCF Presents: EPIC! ScfpdescottSCF Presents: EPIC! Scfffisher
Peter DeScott vs Felix Fisher

SCF Presents: EPIC! ScfhjablomeySCF Presents: EPIC! Scfskondo
Heywood Jablomey vs Sanae Kondo

Mike Calloway: It's already looking like a competitive card and we still have 3 more fights to announce.

Steve Lawson: Speaking of which, I believe it's that time again to announce yet another fight, who will it be this time...

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfswright
Sophie Wright

Steve Lawson: Sophie Wright!

Mike Calloway: Sophie Wright hasn't won a fight since she's joined the SCF, but winning this tournament would make everyone completely forget about her past.

Steve Lawson: Question is, which fight will be the first on her journey to the top if she makes it?

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfsmachado
Sergio Machado

Steve Lawson: Sergio Machado returns to face Sophie Wright, in our 6th match up of the evening!

Mike Calloway: Sergio also coming off of a loss hasn't won a fight since joining the SCF, so either way, somebody's getting their first win because of this tournament.

Steve Lawson: And now, finally it is time to announce the last two fights for the Opening round of the tournament. I say finally, but we all know that this is just the beginning..7th round picks are....

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scfcakoi
Chinh Akoi

Steve Lawson: Chinh Akoi! Taking on..

SCF Presents: EPIC! Scffflores
Felippe Flores

Steve Lawson: Which ofcourse leaves the last two remaining fighters

SCF Presents: EPIC! ScfvgilleanSCF Presents: EPIC! Scfmmagnum
Victor Gillean vs Misty Magnum!

Steve Lawson: Victor vs Misty Magnum!

Mike Calloway: Misty desperately needs a win, and I doubt Victor will give it to her without a fight, and with that being said I can pretty much garuntee that this fight will be an exciting one. MAN I can't wait for the Grand Prix!

Steve Lawson: Not much longer Mike, the big wait is over as the card has been promoted, the arena set, the tickets sold and now the fighters selected, and come august 30th, live from the Osaka Dome in Osaka Japan, the very first EPIC! Featherweight Grand Prix will take place! Thank you for watching SCF Presents: EPIC! with us tonight ladies and gentlemen, and hopefully you will join again only next time in Japan where it all goes down!
Back to top Go down
Maria C.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:21 pm

**Official Bracket**
SCF Presents: EPIC! Scffwgpfull
**Official Bracket**
Back to top Go down
heavymetalnick
Bantamweight Poster
Bantamweight Poster

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:21 am

nice match-ups
Back to top Go down
Soled Tossuer
Flyweight Poster
Flyweight Poster

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:59 am

hehe I face girly! should be fun for the times.
Back to top Go down
Gilberto Dos Santos
Lightweight Poster
Lightweight Poster

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCF Presents: EPIC!   SCF Presents: EPIC! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCF Presents: EPIC!
Page 1 of 1