Supreme Cage Fighting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome..

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SupremeCF.com post fight SCF 13 interview with the new MW champ Jon Steels.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alan
Welterweight Poster
Welterweight Poster
Alan

SupremeCF.com post fight SCF 13 interview with the new MW champ Jon Steels. Empty
PostSubject: SupremeCF.com post fight SCF 13 interview with the new MW champ Jon Steels.   SupremeCF.com post fight SCF 13 interview with the new MW champ Jon Steels. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:52 pm

SupremeCF: We are here in the back with the newly crowned MW champ Jonny Steels. First off Champ, how does it feel to be the champ and how does that sound to be FINALLY called Champ?

Steels: WOW, HAHAHA, you know it is still kinda surreal, I'm still trying to soak it all in, but it sounds great to be called the champ. I have trained hard for this moment and never hard than for this fight. Robert is a great fighter and we put it on the line tonight and thankfully I came out on top.

SupremeCF.com: Yes you did. So you defeated a man that had defeated Gilberto Dos Santos not once but twice, how does it feel knowing you beat the man that you are bound to fight probably next, and does that give you a confidence boost for that fight?

Steels: HAHAHAHA, you know, um, I can't say that it is a confidence boost cause anything can happen in a fight and Gilberto has great BJJ, and is a dangerous fighter. I will just take it one day at a time and when the time comes, he and I will put on a good showing, and hopefully I will come out on top of that one as well. I consider Gilberto a friend, and when we fight, we will put the friendship on hold, have it out and be friends again after the fight.

SupremeCF.com: Now at one point 90% of the fans felt that you were gonna lose this fight to Holgate, did that give you more motivation to train harder and prove them wrong?

Steels: Well you know, it just goes to show you that numbers don't win fights, but ya I'd have to say that it was a great motivational tool to come out and prove them wrong and hopefully gain some more fans.

SupremeCF.com: So what comes next? Any plans? How long are you gonna take off before getting back in the gym and continue training for the next opponent?

Steels: Um, I plan on taking a day or two off and then getting right back at it. I am pretty sore right now and may take a few more days than that off to let this cut on my chin heal up a little bit. But I cant take to much time off cause Foster has a fight coming up and I gotta help him get ready. I think Frazier has thrown his name in the hat for this next card as well, so no rest for me. HAHAHA

SupremeCF.com: Well a fantastic performance and a great win. Congratulations on the winning the Belt and we look forward to seeing you defend it.

Steels: Thank you for the interview and I look forward to defending it as well. Real quick, Id like to thank everyone who helped me train for this fight again, and good luck to Holgate down in the Welterweight division, I know he is gonna tear some asses up. HI MOM, I DID IT!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/alancrump

SupremeCF.com post fight SCF 13 interview with the new MW champ Jon Steels.
Page 1 of 1